Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Birthday Treat From Craig






I feel spoiled rotten this year!

On my actual birthday Craig surprised me and took me to an amazing spa in Santa Fe, NM. It's called Ten Thousand Waves. We dropped the kids off at my sister Kellie's house (thank you Kel) and headed up to the spa for the afternoon.

This was our first time getting a massage.

Two men massaged both Craig and I. He was a little weirded out. He said it made him feel awkward when the masseuse whispered softly in his ear "How is the pressure?".

Once our hour long massage was over we were directed to our private sauna where we soaked for about 45 minutes. Each private sauna is tucked away in the mountains. The mountain was covered in snow. When you stepped out of the hot tub your footprints would turn to ice. Though it was freezing, the cold felt good once you stepped out of the hot tub.

I think Ten Thousand Waves has made both Craig & I lifer's. We hope to be able to return for another visit.

Check out the website! http://www.tenthousandwaves.com/

4 comments:

What the "Hales" said...

Happy Birthday To YOU!! Oh man what a great gift! I think that has to be every mom's greatest get-a-way for the mind. And having your husband there too...that is a great bonus. Jimmy would never do this with me just for the fact that he hates people touching him. Wow I would say, I hope you had a great b-day but I think you did.

Jared said...

Craig seems to be the type that likes a lot of 'pressure'.
When we got massages once the thing that weirded me out was when the guy started rubbing the palms of my hands. It gave me the willies....but once he started rubbing my thigh I was okay again.
Happy Birthday Sarah. Jeni had a blast with ya'll last weekend.

Thomanders said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH! We miss you guys! Okay, now can we talk about how good Craig looks in that sexy robe? Reminds me of the mission. Yikes!

Tam Tam said...

Happy belated Birthday. That's so nice of Craig to treat you BOTH to massages. heh.