I never used to like Summer. I don't like the heat and I DO NOT like to get into a swimsuit. But this Summer might make me change my mind. I love seeing the kids in their swimsuits and goggles, their little tan lines, Sev is starting to get a lot of freckles, and we have a pool at our new place so the kids can swim all day long. The weather here has been in the 70's everyday which means it's not quite warm enough for me to get into my suit ;) ....so far so good!
(There were two more this month)
12. Helados Mexico-Lime popsicles. @Mi Pueblo. Try them they are awesome.
11. Father's Day
Daddy I love you. You were and are a wonderful father/grandpa
Craig I love you. You are a fantastic dad, husband, and friend. Thank you for all that you do, I am lucky to have a man that willingly vacuums, folds laundry, takes the kids to the park, washes dishes, and cooks dinner, and works on top of all of that! You are rare and you are mine. :)
10. The kids passed Preschool and Kindergarten.
Phew! I was sweating that one! :)
Why there is preschool & kindergarten graduation I will never know, Although I thought it was silly, the kids were excited and it was fun to see everything that they did and accomplished throughout the year. Now I don't know what to do with them???
9. We are moving into a really nice, spacious townhome in a few months!
The company I work for
did not have anything available when I started, but offered us a great place when the current residents move out. We are really excited for our new place.
8. We are living bare bones (we have most of our stuff in storage until we move into the larger place in September) It's kind of nice not having tons of toys, clothes, furniture, etc. It makes me think I can purge a lot more before we move!
7. The kids have learned to swim!
They both can swim across the pool and underwater they are SO excited.
6. Sev's quotes of the month:
a. "Mom do you know why I like dogs? Because their skin is furry, they have long ears and long tails, that is why I like them".
b."Meercats are so lucky, they get to get in the water without asking their moms" pause, thinking..."I wish I was a meercat, a redheaded one".
c. "I really love this family"
5. Liv's drawings keep getting better and better and more detailed.
This one is especially great!
4. Craig is on Summer break! I LOVE having him around.
3. Jillian's 30 Day Shred work out video. This thing is awesome! I am so sore, but it is working. Hopefully in July my weight loss will be in my top ten :)
2. Sev has changed his name to "Cubby". He is signing all of his drawings as his new name and he wants me to address him as Cubby. ???
1. Summer produce!
Watermelon, cantaloupe, nectarines, peaches, strawberries, the list goes on and on. Can't beat the great produce come summertime in California! (or year round for that matter)