Monday, May 5, 2008

Quirky Kids

I was thinking about how kids are so quirky!
They have all these funny things that are very unusual & specific to them and only them.
For example:

Olivia does not like to sleep on her bed. She likes sleeping on the floor. So for every nap and every night she sleeps on the floor!

Sevrin will be upset in the car and if I put even a finger anywhere on his body he stops fussing. Sometimes I can only reach enough to put my hand around his ankle and he is quiet and usually falls asleep.

I know we all have our own little quirks, but I love to hear about kid's and their own little idiosyncrasies.
What peculiar things do your kids do?

4 comments:

Camelia Bradshaw said...

Hi Lumbley Family,
I came across your blog from Ben and Jamie's and I am so glad that I did. It sound like you are doing great in New Mexico. Your kids are so cute and are growing up so fast. We miss you guys.

Jacqui B said...

Well When Jonathon was little he wouldn't quiet down until he was able to put his face on my hand. I loved it so much. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye. I so miss them being little and Kodi seeing how many grapes he could shove in his mouth everytime he opened the fridge. Michael was just plain crazy.

Well I hope to see you guys this summer I am headed to mom and dads around the middle of June. Love and miss you guys.
Jacqui

Tam Tam said...

Aspen has this one double-sided blanket since birth that he uses a lot at bedtime. It has to be turned up a certain way (at least that was brought to our attention probably a couple months ago, and I don't really do otherwise anymore). It's most likely that I've caused this, because I like the "prettier" side showing up.
Hmm, kind of crazy how we probably cause a lot of the crazy things our kids do.

Summer said...

Boston used to find bits of fuzz on the carpet and fall asleep with the fuzz up his nose! Remember his doll Suzu, with the yellow yarn hair! Paris would be freaking out when she was little and if you put her hand on your neck she would just immediately calm down. She would even prefer some peoples necks over others based on appearance and texture!!! We miss you guys so much! Are you guys going to Arizona for Jenny's Home Coming? We just heard about that?!!